*Cherry Hand Pies
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped cherries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Using a 4″ circle pastry cutter, cut the prepared pie crusts into circles (you will need 16 total, so make sure you cut smart!)
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the center of 8 of the circles.
- Place the remaining circles on the top of the filling.
- Use a fork to press the edges of the pie crusts together to seal the filling in.
- Whisk together the egg and the water to form an egg wash and then brush over each hand pie.
- Pierce with a knife to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
*Mini Baked Corndog Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the hot dogs into 1″ pieces.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- Spoon 1 TBSP of batter into each mini muffin well and place a hot dog piece in the middle of each.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter (you should get enough for about 48 mini corn dog muffins).
Serve with watermelon and corn on the cob.