Meals during the week should always be super easy, full of real ingredients and definitely super tasty! This skillet meal only takes a minimal amount of prep work, 30 minutes (if that!) to make, and its filled with real ingredients! The result is a super tasty meal the whole family will love, and it will take hardly any effort on your part!
* This post contains affiliate links. Read more about that on my disclosure page.
What I love most about this meal is that I am a HUGE fan of skillet meals! They are so easy. If you don’t have a great skillet, you definitely NEED to get a good quality cast iron. They last forever, they are super easy to care for, and they are amazing. If you are looking for more information on why I choose cast iron, or how to care for them, check out my Cast Iron 101!
yield: 4 ServingsAuthor: Jenni Ward – The Gingered Whiskprint recipe
Sweet and Sour Kielbasa Skillet
prep time: 5 MINScook time: 30 MINStotal time: 35 mins
This skillet meal is the perfect weeknight meal the whole family will love – and all real ingredients!
- 1 lb Kielbasa
- 1.5 cups pineapple, chunked
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 bell peppers – red and green (or whatever colors you want)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- In a large sautee pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion slices and sear for a few minutes until they start to caramelize.
- Add the pepper chunks and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add in the garlic and the sliced kielbasa and cook until the kielbasa is warm and starting to turn brown on the sides.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey, apple cider vinegar, tomato puree and minced ginger.
- Add the sauce and the pineapple to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice.
Love Skillet Meals? Check to these other awesome weeknight recipes!