Thai Chicken and Quinoa CasserolePrint Recipe
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 3-4 mini sweet peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces coconut milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 TBSP coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (you can use leftover, rotisserie, or just skillet cook a few chicken breasts)
Preheat oven to 350F.
Rinse the quinoa and cook according to package directions (7-10 minutes).
While the quinoa is cooking, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Add the oil, garlic, peppers, cayenne powder, curry powder, and chili powder, and the white parts of the green onions. Sautee 6 minutes.
Stir in the black beans, coconut milk, raisins, salt, 1/2 cup of the cilantro, chicken and the quinoa.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Top with the green onions and remaining cilantro, serve, and Enjoy!
Looking for other great Thai flavors? Check out: