I was very excited when Zora emailed me and asked if I would be willing to host the next Bread Baking Day! Picking a theme turned out to be harder than I imagined. As you can see from the archives, Bread Baking Day has been going on for 56 months. That’s 4.67 years, people, and even more bread! I wanted to pick something that would be a learning experience for me, but also something fun for other bread bakers of all experience levels as well. I finally decided on something that I think will be a lot of fun, and a bit different!
This month I challenge you to bake a bread, any bread you want, whether sweet or savory- and to make it beautiful! I’m talking about decorating the crust of your bread. You may use anything you want – seeds, nuts, herbs or vegetables , dried fruit, make designs in flour or cocoa powder, paint it on with food coloring, additional dough, whatever gets your creative juices flowing. Let’s have a bread fashion show!
How to participate in Bread Baking Day #56:
- Bake a yeasted (commercial or wild yeast) bread. It can be sweet or savory.
- Make it pretty. Create a design of some sort using either seeds, nuts, herbs or leaves, dried fruit, food coloring, etc. You can use any material you want as long as you purposefully design something on the crust.
- Take a picture of your beautiful bread and blog about it, linking back to this announcement.
- Email me at [email protected] with BBD#56 in the subject line and include the following items:
- Your name
- Where you are from
- The name and URL of your blog
- The name of your bread and how you created your design
- The URL of the post
- A photo of your bread
I can’t wait to see all the gorgeous breads you come up with! 🙂