Tex-Mex Migas are a great easy breakfast recipe that your family will love. Soft scrambled eggs cooked with salsa, plenty of cheese and a surprise crunch from tortilla chips, this breakfast bowl recipe is great any time of day.
- 12 Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded mexican cheese blend (you can also use cheddar)
- 2 handfuls of tortilla chips, roughly crushed (you want some bigger pieces, not finely smashed).
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup favorite salsa
- 15 oz refried beans, heated up
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil until warm.
- Add in the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the minced garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until the eggs are mostly done.
- Stir in the salsa, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve the migas eggs with refried beans and top with avocado, tomatoes, more salsa, and more chips, or whatever you prefer.
Keywords: Breakfast Bowl, Egg Recipe, Tex-Mex Recipe