This sandwich makes a great lunch or quick dinner. It’s not quite your typical grilled cheese sandwich. In fact, don’t think of it as a grilled cheese at all. Think of it more as a panini, without the fancy grill press. A slather of mango chutney adds an unexpected tangy note, and pairs perfectly with the tart apple and freshly chopped parsley. Its a flavor combo you won’t tire of soon!
Need some lunch inspiration? Try these easy and flavorful ideas:
- Apple, Brie, and Arugula Quesadillas – This Apple, Brie and Arugula Quesadilla is a perfect easy quick lunch recipe for when you want something a little different!
- Easy Greek Yogurt Curried Egg Salad – This curried egg salad is about to become your new favorite way to use leftover hard boiled eggs! Packed with healthy ingredients and amazing flavor, this takes your regular egg salad sandwich and kicks it up a notch!
This delicious and unique grilled turkey and apple sandwich is a fun alternative to a grilled cheese. Packed with fun flavors from mango chutney, crisp apple slices, and fresh parsley, this sandwich will give your lunch the flavor it deserves!
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 8 tsp mango chutney
- 4 (1 ounce) slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces sliced lower sodium deli turkey
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat leave parsley
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread each of the 4 bread slices with 2 tsp chutney.
- Top evenly with cheese, turkey, and apple slices.
- Sprinkle parsley over the apples and top with remaining bread slices.
- Coat sandwiches with cooking spray (or butter).
- Add sandwiches to own and cook 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Turn the sandwiches over and cook an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Keywords: Sandwich, Lunch Recipe, Easy Recipe,