These easy grilled steak skewers are seasoned with za’atar spice and paired with rainbow vegetables to make flavorful and kid-friendly beef kabobs the whole family will love.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Za’atar Seasoning
- 2.5 lb top sirloin steak
- 1 large red onion
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Mint Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 box plain couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Blend all the ingredients for the marinade together.
- Cut the steak into 1″ pieces, trimming any fat as you go.
- Place the beef in the marinade and allow to sit for 20-30 minutes, or up to overnight, refrigerated.
To prepare the kabobs:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the red onion, orange pepper, and yellow squash into 1″ pieces.
- Thread the marinaded beef cubes onto the skewers alternating with the red onion, orange pepper, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes.
- Sear on the grill for 1-2 minutes per side on the hottest part of the grill. Turn down your gas grill to medium-high, or move the kabobs to a medium heat area (ash covered charcoals) to continue cooking for 8 minutes, turning halfway through, or until an internal temperature of 135 F.
- Remove from the grill and tent with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
To prepare the mint-yogurt sauce:
- Place the yogurt, mint, garlic, lemon, and olive oil in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and set aside until ready.
- Serve with prepared mint yogurt sauce beside for dipping and cooked couscous topped with pomegranate arils and chopped parsley
If using wooden skewers for grilling, place the skewers in some water to soak for 20 minutes before grilling to reduce charring.
Keywords: Grilled Steak Kabobs, Beef Skewers, Grilling Recipe, Za'atar Recipe