This healthy sheet pan roast is an easy weeknight meal for the whole family. In just 40 minutes time, this home cooked family meal recipe provides fresh made baby purees, finger food for baby led weaning and toddlers, and meals for adults to enjoy as well. This meal serves 4-6 people, depending on the age of the ones you are feeding.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cut into 1” cubes
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil, divided
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme
- 12oz Green Beans, ends trimmed
- 1.5 – 2 lb Eye of Round Roast
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, 1 T Olive Oil and thyme. Place on onto 1/2 of the baking sheet.
- Place roast on other half of the baking sheet & roast in oven for 10 min.
- Toss the green beans with remaining olive oil.
- Remove sheet pan from oven.
- Turn the sweet potatoes & move them to 1/3 of pan.
- Turn the roast over.
- Place green beans in the space created by the sweet potatoes, try to keep in a single layer, & return the pan to the oven for an additional 10 min.
- Remove the veggies from pan & place on serving tray tented with foil. Reserve 1/4 cup potatoes & 1/4 cup beans for the baby food if needed.
- Turn the roast over & return to the oven for 10 min, or until an internal temps is 130 degrees for medium done-ness.
- Make gremolata by mixing the chopped parsley (reserve 1 T for later), garlic, lemon zest, + salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- In a second small bowl, mix 2/3 of gremolata with butter for the steak and set aside.
- Remove steak from oven, tent with foil, and rest 10 min while you prepare the baby purees.
- In a food processor, make the purees by blending 1/2 cup sweet potatoes with 1 oz beef and 1/2 cup water until smooth and the desired consistency.
- Wash out your baby food maker or food processor, and prepare the second puree by blending 1/4 cup green beans with the reserved 1 T parsley and 1/4 cup water until smooth.
- Slice steak into 1″ slices against the grain.
*Babies: Serve the two purees created.
*Toddlers: Dice food into bite sizes & serve (add fruit of choice to plate).
*Big Kids: Plate sweet potatoes, cut steak into bite sizes & top with compound butter, top green beans with almonds.
*Adults: Plate sweet potatoes, steak topped with compound butter, green beans with gremolata and almond slices
Keywords: family meal recipe, baby led weaning, baby puree