This Mexican Green Rice Recipe (or Arroz Verde) is an easy rice pilaf that is flavorful and lovely. Cooked with cilantro, parsley, onion, garlic, and peppers, this green rice will take your Taco Tuesday to a whole new level!
2 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock, divided
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 green pepper, roughly diced
2 green onions
1 garlic clove
1 Tablespoon lime juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1.5 cups long grain rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a food processor, puree parsley, cilantro, green pepper, green onions, garlic, lime juice, and 1/2 cup of chicken stock until smooth.
- Heat a medium to large pan over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the rice and toast, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes, or until starting to become toasty brown.
- Add in the herb sauce and the remaining stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce the heat to low to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Keywords: Green Rice Recipe, Side Dish, Mexican