** Mini Hand Pies
- 1 package pie crust (2 crusts)
- 1 cup pitted, chopped cherries
- 4 TBSP sugar
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- punch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
*Mini Baked Corn Dog Muffins
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8-10 hot dogs, cut into 1″ pieces
Corn on the Cob
*Cherry Hand Pies
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped cherries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Using a 4″ circle pastry cutter, cut the prepared pie crusts into circles (you will need 16 total, so make sure you cut smart!)
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the center of 8 of the circles.
- Place the remaining circles on the top of the filling.
- Use a fork to press the edges of the pie crusts together to seal the filling in.
- Whisk together the egg and the water to form an egg wash and then brush over each hand pie.
- Pierce with a knife to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
*Mini Baked Corndog Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the hot dogs into 1″ pieces.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- Spoon 1 TBSP of batter into each mini muffin well and place a hot dog piece in the middle of each.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter (you should get enough for about 48 mini corn dog muffins).
Serve with watermelon and corn on the cob.
- Store leftover hand pies in an air tight container.
- Store leftover mini corn dog muffins in a container in the fridge.