This quick and easy chicken skillet meal is infused with thai flavors and lots of veggies! The whole family will love it!
Ok, I will admit it – I’m totally jumping on the zoodle bandwagon! I was definitely skeptical at first, I mean – I love me some carb-alicious noodles, and I wasn’t really looking for a replacement. Because, hello! I heart pasta!! And I was pretty sure that there would be no way in hell my kids would eat a green vegetable based noodle. And I kind of thought that making these on an average weeknight would be too hard and time consuming to attempt.
But you know what? All those thoughts are totally false! Zoodles end up being just as filling as normal pasta, and I LOVE them! AND my kids love them, too. AND they were actually really simple to make. Mind blow, guys.
I loved how easy and quick this meal was to put together! Basically the only measuring you need to do is to mix the sauce ingredients together. The rest of it is throwing in veggies and sautéing up some chicken. Its SUPER easy, even
Tips on How to Make Zoodles
- Use medium sized zucchini for best results – large ones tend to have too many seeds and the inner portion tends to have a really high water content.
- Zucchini has a high water content – so try to remove as much excess water as you can before cooking by sprinkling with a little salt and allowing to sit for 15-20 minutes in between paper towels. This will help your noodles not to get mushy.
- You don’t want to actually COOK your noodles, just warm them up a little.
- Pre-made zoodles will store in the fridge for about 3 days. Store in a glass container lined with paper towels.
- Don’t heat the zoodles until you are ready to eat – if they sit for too long they kind of turn to mush. And don’t cook them for too long or they will release too much water and turn mushy as well. This should be the last step before you eat.
- Don’t even attempt to reheat leftovers. It won’t turn out well.
Looking for other quick and easy skillet meals? I got you covered!
- Skillet Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese
- Chicken Fajita Skillet
- Creamy Coconut Skillet Chicken
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP peeled minced ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 TBSP rice vinegar
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 1069mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 25g Protein: 44g