So, raise your hand if you find cooking dinner to be a challenge pretty much no matter what day of the week it is!
Me me meeee!!!
I used to cook some pretty crazy dinners in my day, when it was easy to give Ladybug an activity to do or have her “help” while I cooked. But now with a super cute 4 month old added to the mix (one who wants to be held and played with constantly), cooking dinner gets to be kinda crazy at times. Especially since my husband usually walks in right as dinner is ready to eat.
Now I am a HUGE fan of baby carriers, and I wear Munchkin all the time, but I just don’t like wearing her while I cook. Not only is it difficult to see around her cute fat little head but I’m also worried about safety issues.
Enter super fast dinners!
I’ve mentioned before that our dinners have gone to pretty boring, and we’ve been using the crock pot a ton, too.
But I have been wanting something besides tacos and scrambled eggs for a while now (for like, 4 whole months…) so when I came across this recipe I knew I had to make it!
This recipe is super simple to bring together (seriously, 15 minutes!!) and tastes like it took much longer than that! You can add either frozen or refrigerated tortellini or ravioli, and a reeeeeeally good marinara sauce totally makes this. If you get one that has some body and is a bit chunky it ends up working really well. We really liked this dinner, and you can bet we will be making it again!
Other great soup recipes:
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 24 oz GOOD quality marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 16 oz fresh or frozen cheese tortellini (or mini ravioli)
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter and sautee the shallots 3-4 minutes.
- Season them with salt and pepper and then add the garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, marinara, and fresh basil.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- Carefully add the tortellini to the boiling soup.
- Cover with a lid, turn down to medium and summer until the pasta is cooked (about 10-12 minutes).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 2837mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 7gSugar: 13gProtein: 21g