This slow cooker thai pork recipe is so flavorful and fresh! Fall-off the bone turmeric pork ribs are paired with a fresh and flavorful Pineapple slaw. This recipe is so easy yet will have everyone who eats it begging for more!
Thank you to the Iowa Pork Association for sponsoring this post. And thank YOU for supporting the brands that support me and allow me to continue to grow my blog. All opinions, recipe and photographs are my own.
Sometimes when I imagine dinner I have these grand plans of carefully crafted healthy, gorgeous, painters-worthy meals, but then when it comes down to actually making dinner – moving beyond the “tried and true” meal is hard to do. Dinner time ruts are hard to get past – and for good reason. When you get home at dinner time and you have a gaggle of hungry mouths to feed, its hard to move outside of your comfort zone to try something new. What if it takes too long to make? What if no one likes it?
This slow cooker pork rib recipe is one of my new favorites –
- 5 minutes to dump everything in the crock pot + 15 minutes before you eat = a 20 minute meal!
- It is full of fresh and flavorful ingredients, but its totally kid friendly at the same time!
- It makes amazingly flavorful and fall-off-the-bone tender ribs
Using a pre-packaged rainbow broccoli slaw mix totally cuts down on the prep-time here, plus its a great way to add lots of veggies into a meal. Go ahead and serve a big spoonful of this beside your ribs. Plus the flavors here are amazing – bright and complex – but it isn’t anything overly spicy or weird for kiddos.
Adding these easy to make Turmeric Pork Ribs is a great way to add a delicious and weeknight friendly dinner to your meal rotation to help get you out of that “chicken for dinner every night” dinner rut! Thanks again to Iowa Pork for sponsoring this post! Head on over to their facebook page for tons of awesome recipe inspiration and great information!
These pork ribs would also be amazing with a small bowl of this Spiced Coconut Potato Soup on the side!
- 14 oz crushed pineapple,
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 4 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 tsp 5 spice powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 TBSP ground Turmeric
- 1 " piece Ginger, minced
- 1 Lemongrass stalk
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 lb bone in pork ribs
- 2 TBSP chopped Mint
- 2 TBSP chopped Cilantro
- 2 cups Broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 Green onions, sliced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP pineapple juice
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed pineapple, tamarind paste, minced garlic, minced ginger, minced shallot, brown sugar, 5 spice powder, chili powder and turmeric. Pour half of this into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the ribs into your crock pot (you might need to cut them into 2-4 pieces to fit in – just slide a knife between two bones and allow it to follow the curve. As long as it fits in your crock pot, its fine!
- Pour the remaining sauce on the top of the ribs and throw in the star anise and lemongrass stalk.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Preheat your broiler to high with the rack about 10″ from the heat source and allow to heat up while you mix the pineapple slaw.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, apple cider vinegar, lime juice and pineapple juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the mint, cilantro, broccoli slaw, cucumber, green onion and pineapple.
- Drizze the dressing over the slaw, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Set aside while you finish the ribs.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with tin foil (seriously, don’t skip this step!)
- Carefully place the ribs onto the cookie sheet bone side up (the ribs will look really saucy and be very tender, so be careful!)
- Broil for 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn the ribs over so the rib side is down and broil for an additional 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with rice and pineapple slaw.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1507Total Fat: 106gSaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 47gCholesterol: 357mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 6gSugar: 49gProtein: 75g
Looking for other easy yet flavorful meals? Check these out!