- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin bite sized strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 9 oz fresh spinach
- 4 hoagie buns
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, breadcrumbs, 1 TBSP soy sauce, and garlic.
- Add the ground beef and mix to combine.
- Form roughly 12-15 meatballs.
- In a very large skillet over medium heat, arrange the meatballs in a single layer and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. If you need to cook in two batches, you can!
- Remove the meatballs from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the carrots and the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet and add the brown sugar and remaining 2 TBSP soy sauce.
- Cook 2 minutes more, or until everything is well coated in sauce.
- Add the spinach and cook about 3 minutes, or until the spinach is just wilted.
- Divide the mixture among the hoagie buns.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 706 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 147mg Sodium: 1209mg Carbohydrates: 72g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 12g Protein: 46g