Turkey quinoa stuffed peppers are an easy and flavorful meal the whole family will love! Red bell peppers are stuffed with a ground turkey and quinoa mixture that is flavored with cumin and ginger, studded with dried currants, and topped with parsley and feta. A lovely meal!
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
Your shares are how this site grows and I so appreciate it! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? I would love if you shared this on social media!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a star rating! Thank you!
Subscribe to my email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 large bell peppers, red or orange
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- a few pinches of kosher salt
- 1 small pinch of pepper
- 14 ounces petite diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 2 TBSP dried currants (or dried cranberries)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven the 350.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups of water and the quinoa and bring to boil.
- Cover, turn the heat down to low, and cook about 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat, keeping lid on, and allow to “steam” for 5-10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare your peppers by cutting off the top to open up the pepper.
- With a sharp paring knife, trim out the ribs and seeds until the pepper is clean inside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the turkey, cumin, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring to break up the turkey, until cooked through.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their juice, the currants (or cranberries), feta, and quinoa.
- Fill the peppers firmly with the mixture, mounding it a little on top.
- Place the peppers in a shallow casserole dish, cover with foil, and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 8gSugar: 15gProtein: 35g
Nutrition information is an estimate and is provided for informational purposes only. For the most accurate information, please calculate using your specific brands and exact measurements.