the gingered whisk
▢ 1 Tablespoon cooking oil ▢ 1 clove garlic, minced ▢ 1 teaspoon ground cumin ▢ 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves ▢ 2-15 oz cans black beans ▢ 1 bay leaf ▢ 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Quick & Easy
1. Place the oil in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat.
2. Add the minced garlic and sautee, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. You want it to be fragrant but not turn brown.
3. Add in the cumin and oregano and saute in hot oil, stirring frequely, just a few seconds to bloom the spices.
4. Add in the black beans, with the liquid from the cans. 5. Add in the bay leaf.
6. Turn up the heat slightly and bring to a simmer. 7. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove the bay leaf, and serve.