This easy and refreshing homemade lemonade recipe is an easy and tasty way yo enjoy fresh squeezed lemonade at home all summer long!
How to make great Lemonade at home!
- The first step is to zest your lemons and really rub it into your sugar. This helps to release the essential oils from the lemon zest into the sugar. It really brings out some awesome flavor!
- The second step is to make a concentrate – this way it is easy to keep for a week or more in the fridge.
This way you can have fresh lemonade whenever you want – either a glass at a time or a whole pitcher! Enjoy it all summer long!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- zest of 4 lemons
- 1.5 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 1.5 cups hot water
- Zest 4 of the lemons before you juice them.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and zest. Use your hands to really run the lemon zest into the sugar, to release the essential oils of the lemon and really fragrance the sugar.
- Place the sugar into a large container with a tight lid.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of hot water and shake (with the lid sealed) until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 8 lemons worth).
- Place this jar into the fridge until ready to use.
*To Serve 1 Glass*
- In a large glass, mix 1/3 cup of the lemon syrup with 3/4 cup cold water.
- Add ice and stir.
*To Serve A Pitcher*
- Mix 2 cups of the syrup with 4 cups cold water.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 1g