“Adventure is worthwhile in itself” – Amelia Earhart
The Gingered Whisk uses the power of food to explore and illuminate the wonders of the world for busy families.
We’re all about flavor, variety and real foods here. (So let’s skip the chicken nuggets, mmkay?)
Our goal is to empower parents and their children to enjoy the abundant and varied foods our world has to offer.
Great tasting food and the experiences it creates are so important in raising well-balanced children, as well as raising kids who have a healthy relationship with food. A global diet also assists children to look at the world with excitement and curiosity.
I want to help you break out of your daily dinnertime struggle–from the preparation to getting the kids to actually try a small bite and to discovering new recipes that aren’t boring or bland.
I want you to feel excitement about your food; and I want you to be proud of your family’s adventurousness.
With my three daughters, I’ve put this mindset in order in our home, and the girls are eating (or at least trying a bite!) of all the new things. Because through familiar elements and the correct vocabulary, you can get your kids to do this, too.
Together we will:
- Explore cultural recipes, flavors, and ingredients from around the world.
- Discover new family favorite weeknight meals that are easy and healthy.
- Go on Culinary Adventures inspired to create foodies out of your whole family.
Great tasting food and the experiences it creates are so important–not only to raise well-balanced children, but to raise children who have a healthy relationship with food, as well as look at the world with excitement and curiosity. To me, there is nothing better than creating an amazing meal and sharing it with the people you love.
While you won’t find any elaborately constructed, whimsically cute plates here, you will find tons of creative recipes designed to inspire your family’s palate, cultivate an adventuresome spirit, and help you create your own foodie family!
Are you ready to go on a culinary adventure?
Do you want to create a foodie family but not quite sure where to start?
These resources will help you on your culinary journey!
Adventurous Eating 101:
Do your kids feel anxious about trying new foods? Do you feel stuck in a meal-time rut because its easier? Do you feel like dinner is a stressful chore?
Start your journey into adding more variety and fun into your meals and family dinner table connections without spending more time or brain power on dinner!
- How to Meal Plan Like A Boss – Learning how to have a solid plan in place will help you reduce the stress of “Whats for dinner?!” when your family is already hungry. This is how to make it work for you and your life!
- How to Raise Adventurous Eaters – 8 easy steps you can start implementing today!
- How to Add Fruit to your Dinner Meal – Easy ways to make meals more flavorful and colorful is to add fruit! Check out these 4 easy ways to add fruit to your diners.
- How to Keep Your Kids Busy So You Can Cook Dinner
Adventurous Eating 201: The Next Steps to Take When Raising A Foodie Family
Do you feel like your family is stuck in a mealtime rut because its easier? Do you wish you could change things up and introduce new foods, but you aren’t sure how?
These meals will help you be more confident in serving new, fun meals without spending more time or brain power on dinner!
Eat Like A Princess Series – recipes designed around each of the classic Princesses and inspired by where they might have lived and what they might have enjoyed.
Recipes inspired by favorite books! These fairy tale feasts are easy and fun meals the whole family will enjoy.
Spend a family date night making a meal together! Based off of favorite books, these meals are meant to be paired with a movie night!
Historically Hungry – Updated historical recipes that kids can help make! A tasty way to learn about our history.
Don’t miss a single recipe or tip!
Resources You Might Need:
- How to Meal Plan Like A Boss – learn how to make meal planning easy and stress-free, and actually work for you!
- How to Cook and Bake with Your Kids – how to make it fun and less crazy!
Want to learn more about me? Check out my “About Me” Page!
Interested in following along? Join my newsletter to be alerted to new recipes, series and more!