Simple Pork Chops with Apple-Kholrabi Slaw
Love Pork Chops? Try these easy weeknight pork chop recipes:
- Grilled Pork Chops with Orange and Grape Salsa – Summer on a plate! These easy spiced grilled pork chops are paired with a vibrant and fun salsa that is perfect for hot steamy summer nights.
- Cocoa Spiced Pork Chops with Berry Compote – These easy pork chops are rubbed with a cocoa and spice mixture that gives them a lovely depth of flavor that the whole family will enjoy. Served with an easy berry compote that that turns these easy weeknight pork chop recipe into a special meal.
- Smothered Pork Chops with Mashed Cheddar Buttercup Squash – These braised pork chops are smothered in a tomato and mushroom sauce and paired with cheesy mahed buttercup squash for a hearty and flavorful fall meal.
- Grilled Pork chops with Cherry Couscous – These grilled pork chops is simple but tasty! The couscous is the real star of the show in this easy weeknight meal.
- Braised Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce – These easy braised pork chops are a perfect 30 minute recipe. Served with an easy balsamic cherry pan sauce made with leeks and rosemary . Special enough for a Sunday dinner but easy enough for a quick weeknight!
- Pork Chops with Apple Cranberry Sauce – This Pan Fried Pork Chop Recipe with Apple Cranberry Sauce is an easy family friendly weeknight meal with simple ingredients but tons of flavor.
- 4 Bone In Pork Chops
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 TBSP Pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped Cilantro
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Kohlrabi
- 1 Lime
- 2 TBSP Tahini
- Use a knife to peel the skin off the kohlrabi.
- Peel the apple (if you wish, you can leave the apple peel on) and slice both the apple and the kohlrabi thin and then cut into matchsticks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apple and kohlrabi matchsticks, the green onions, the garlic, the juice of the whole lime and the tahini. Set aside.
- In a large dry pan, heat the chopped pistachios on medium-high heat to toast them for 1-2 minutes - watch them because they will burn fast!
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Salt and Pepper the pork chops on both sides.
- In the same pan as before, heat 2 TBSP olive oil.
- Cook the poor chops 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- While the pork is cooking, add the pistachios and all but a pinch of the cilantro (save this for later) to the apple and kohlrabi mix. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pork chops to a plate (leaving any drippings in the pan), tent with foil and set aside.
- Add 2 TBSP of water to the pan, and simmer for 1-2 minute, or until slightly reduced in volume.
- Stir in half of the remaining cilantro and remove from heat.
- Place each pork chop on a plate and serve with slaw.
- Garnish with the remaining cilantro and Enjoy!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 44g
Recipe from Blue Apron