This rainbow pizza has a special place in our meal rotation lately. It is perfect for a quick meal (lunch or dinner!), and its also a sneaky fun way to get your kiddos to eat their veggies. PLUS — Check out the recipe for a super easy 10 MINUTE Pizza Crust Recipe!
One of the things I get asked all the time is about teaching kids to eat their veggies in a fun and easy way. And by “fun and easy” I mean anything that doesn’t involve threatening to throw away a favorite toy. Over the years I have noticed that my kiddos are 1000X more likely eat their veggies if they are in charge of what goes onto their plate. My solution is to get them involved in the meal process. That means they will be much more likely to be excited and willing to try it. Which hugely increases their chances to actually enjoy it!
My hints for making this work:
- Start at the grocery store – Make it a game to see who can find ingredients for each color
- Have kiddos help you wash and dice (if age appropriate) the produce
- Have your kiddos help to roll out the pizza dough
- Make it a rule that everyone (yes, even mom and dad!) have to choose at least one thing from each color
I recommend you use parchment paper for this meal! The parchment paper will help you to roll out the pizza dough easily. It will help you to easily transfer your rainbow veggie pizza creation from the counter to the oven to the table. Plus it makes an easily disposable plate!
Love Pizza? Try these other fun and family friendly pizza recipes:
- Chicken Tikka Pizza – If you love chicken tikka masala, you have to try it like a pizza!
- Hawaiian Sourdough Pizza – Forget delivery! This homemade Hawaiian pizza recipe has all your favorite toppings!
**5 Min Pizza Dough**
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet of yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups flour (+ more for kneading and rolling)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1orange peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 yellow peppers
- 1 green bell peppers
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
** Parchment paper is AWESOME for this meal. Not only does it help you roll out the dough, but it also makes moving the pizzas between table --> oven --> table super easy. Plus, just go ahead and use it as your plate and then throw it away when you are done eating! Makes clean up super easy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 660Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 1230mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 26g
Looking for other ways to get your kids interested in eating veggies? Check out this easy Crock Pot Pork Ramen!
And Check out the “Eat Like A Princess” Series! Designed to introduce easy to make new foods and cuisines from around the world to children while they eat meals their favorite princesses would have enjoyed!