This easy apple cranberry crisp recipe with fresh tart cranberries and a crispy walnut topping is a perfect fall dessert.
Apple Cranberry Crisp:
- 2.5 pounds sweet/firm apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2" pieces (I always like to get a combination of varieties of apples).
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 TBSP flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1 TBSP fresh orange juice
- 6 TBSP butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, sugar, flour, vanilla and orange zest and juice.
- Transfer to the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the ingredients for the crisp topping with a fork or your fingers until it forms course crumbles and the butter is mostly evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the apple/cranberry mixture.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, or until the topping is browned and the juices are thick and bubbling.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g