This easy breakfast casserole is a perfect recipe to take to potluck or brunch. Tender biscuits, scrambled eggs, and flavorful gravy combine to make a delicious addition to any morning gathering. This pan will always come home empty!!
|Hey Mom, are you gonna eat that?|
- 1 can refrigerator biscuits
- 1 lb sausage (I used mild/sweet, but you could also use hot or breakfast, whatever)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat 9x13 with cooking spray.
- Cut the biscuits into 1/4 and line the bottom of the pan.
- Brown the sausage and scatter over the biscuits.
- In a cup whisk together 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup flour until smooth and pour into the pan over the sausage grease and cook, whisking very frequently, until thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and remaining 1/2 cup milk and pour over the sausage.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Spoon drops of the gravy over the cheese.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, or until bubble, golden, and the pan doesn't giggle when wiggled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 361 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 192mg Sodium: 719mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g