This coconut crusted chicken with cashew curry sauce is a flavorful and easy weeknight meal the family will love!
If you love this recipe, also try 30 Minute Basil Chicken with Coconut Cream Sauce!
Coconut Crusted Chicken with Cashew Curry Sauce
- 4 skinless boneless breast halves
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1 large egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tsp canola oil
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 TBSP minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ cup chopped dry roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 4 lime wedges optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 tsp salt.
- In a large ziplock bag combine 2 TBSP cornstarch and the red pepper.
- In a shallow dish combine the panko and coconut.
- Place the egg white in another shallow dish and lightly beat with a fork.
- Add the chicken to the ziplock bag, seal, and shake to coat evenly.
- Dip 1 chicken breast at a time into the egg white, and then dredge in the panko mixture.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to pan and cook 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 8 minutes, or until done.
- In a small bowl whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, curry paste and 1/2 tsp cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sautee the shallots, ginger and garlic for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cashews, lime juice, and fish sauce.
- Serve chicken with rice (I cooked mine with some of the extra coconut milk) topped with sauce.