This coconut crusted chicken with cashew curry sauce is a flavorful and easy weeknight meal the family will love!
If you love this recipe, also try 30 Minute Basil Chicken with Coconut Cream Sauce!
- 4 skinless boneless breast halves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 TBSP minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 4 lime wedges (optional, for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 tsp salt.
- In a large ziplock bag combine 2 TBSP cornstarch and the red pepper.
- In a shallow dish combine the panko and coconut.
- Place the egg white in another shallow dish and lightly beat with a fork.
- Add the chicken to the ziplock bag, seal, and shake to coat evenly.
- Dip 1 chicken breast at a time into the egg white, and then dredge in the panko mixture.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to pan and cook 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 8 minutes, or until done.
- In a small bowl whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, curry paste and 1/2 tsp cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sautee the shallots, ginger and garlic for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cashews, lime juice, and fish sauce.
- Serve chicken with rice (I cooked mine with some of the extra coconut milk) topped with sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 733mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 7g