These cranberry orange cookies are the perfect treat to enjoy! This chewy and crunchy cookie recipe is studded with dried cranberries and orange zest, and rolled in orange sugar before baking. They are a fall and holiday baking favorite!
Cranberry and Orange Cookies
- To prevent the cranberries from sticking to your knife when chopping, spray your knife with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the process easier and less sticky, shape all the dough into balls first, and then roll in the orange sugar.
Variations on Cranberry Orange Cookies:
- You can easily add ½ cup of macadamia nuts, pecans, pistachios or walnuts.
- Add ½ cup of white chocolate chips for a fun touch.
|Don't ask about that thing in my daughter's mouth.
I swear, we were so close to getting rid of it, and now she constantly has it!
These cranberry orange cookies are the perfect addition to your holiday cookie platter!
What cookies are you planning on making for Christmas this year?
- Sea Salt and Thyme Chocolate Chip Cookies - The thyme gives a very very subtle earthiness to the cookies, and the sea salt is just perfect with the chocolate chips! They taste good straight out of the oven, but if you can wait a day or two, the thyme really starts to come through.
- Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies - These fun cookies are firm but soft, with a fantastic sweet/salty combination!
- Toasted Coconut Shortbread with Pineapple Cream - Delicate and sandy shortbread cookies topped with a refreshing and cool pineapple cream.
- Iced Lemon Lavender Cookies - These delicate Lemon Lavender Cookies are the perfect cookie for tea time! With a delicate crumb and a lovely lemon and lavender icing, these cookies are perfect for a spring celebration.
Cranberry Orange Cookies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, combine ⅓ cup of sugar and 1 tsp orange zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl beat the remaining sugar, butter and egg until creamy.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients, until just barely combined.
- Add in the cranberries and orange zest and mix.
- Shape the dough into 1" balls, roll in the orange-sugar, and place on cookie sheet.
- Use a glass to just barely flatten.
- Bake 7-11 minutes, until just barely done.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing them - this allow them to be properly baked without getting too dark.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g