Whoa. Seriously, what happened to November? This month has flown by, particularly this last week. What with Joel starting to work nights and trying to sleep at home during the day, me getting a cold and just wanting to stare at the tv for hours on end, and Ladybug decided to exercise her vocal cords by running through the house shrieking and squealing, I'm pooped. Throw Thanksgiving on top of that, and I'm exhausted.
Pork Tenderloin is such a great cut of meat to work with - its so versatile, and cooks so well!
This is a super simple recipe - only three ingredients and a few hours in the crock pot, and you have the makings for a delicious meal!
Ways to use the spicy pork loin recipe
We used the Crock Pot pulled pork to make tacos, but there are really so many things you could do with it, this meat is so tender and delicious! A few ideas:
- Top baked potatoes with the spicy pork loin, shredded cheese, and black beans.
- Add it to omelets for a spicy Mexican breakfast.
- Make a spicy pork loin salad.
We used our favorite salsa, which isn't too spicy since we have a little one to feed. The pulled pork is slightly spicy and slightly sweet, and is awesome in tacos!
I honestly might never use ground beef for tacos ever again! There is a little bit of "activity" for you to do while the pork cooks, so this spicy pork loin recipe might not be a good choice to make while you are at work. The good news is, it's perfect for a busy weekend or when you have guests over!
Don't forget to check out The Gingered Whisk on Facebook!!
- 2 lb. Pork Loin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups salsa (your favorite kind)
- In the bottom of your crock pot combine the brown sugar and salsa.
- Place the pork in the crock pot and spoon some of the sauce over top.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 5 hours, turning the pork over halfway through.
- Remove the lid and using two forks, shred the pork and stir it thoroughly in the sauce.
- Replace the lid and allow to cook for an additional hour. If it is still really juicy inside you can remove the lid for the last 30 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 693mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 41g