These healthy and delicious lactation cookies are packed with good things to help you making as much milk as you can – and they are a delicious treat to enjoy when you have been up all night, too!
My little muchkin is now 4 weeks old, I’m ready to get back into the swing of things. Ok, that’s a lie, I still feel like my life is super chaotic, my house is a disaster, and to be honest I am still not really cooking food (yay for freezer crock pot meals and kind people who still bring you food a month after delivery!) BUT I also know that if I don’t push myself to blog again, I won’t. And so here I am.
What are Lactation Cookies?
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 TBSP flax seed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP brewer's yeast
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, brewer's yeast and oats.
- In another large bowl cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and flax seed to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Use a melon baller or cookie scoop to drop the dough onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g