Massaman Beef Curry Recipe is an easy and delicious recipe for any night of the week. With tender bites of steak, perfectly cooked potatoes, and a rich and creamy peanut butter and red curry based sauce, this dinner will quickly become a family favorite!
- 1 TBSP EVOO
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 150 ml can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup all natural chunky peanut butter
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Heat a large skillet and the oil over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, brown the meat, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is semi-translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat in the pan to medium.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper and cinnamon.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan, along with the chopped potato, and cook, stirring frequently, until the potato is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the red curry paste (if you want more heat you can continue adding 1 tsp at a time until you reach the desired spiciness).
- Remove from the heat of the stove and stir in the juice of 1 lime.
- Top with a generous sprinkling of cilantro and roasted, unsalted peanuts.
- Serve with cooked Jasmine Rice and/or Nann!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 613Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 861mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 44g