Honey Roasted Baby Carrots with Ginger are an easy and quick side dish with Asian inspired flavors that are perfect for any busy weeknight. Loaded with great kid-friendly tastes and simple ingredients, this will quickly become one of your go-to recipes.
These ginger and honey roasted baby carrots are a perfect veggie side dish to serve to your family. They are quick and easy to make, which means you don’t have to think too much about them. They are also really, really yummy, which means you don’t have to fight over who is eating their vegetables and who isn’t.
How to make ginger honey roasted baby carrots
These carrots are an easy vegetable side dish that pair perfectly with whatever Asian inspired main meal you are having for dinner. For full instructions, scroll down to the recipe card below.
To make these carrots:
- Preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mix together the honey, olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing over the carrots to evenly coat and roast for 20 minutes.
- Top with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
See, easy peasy!
Prepping ahead of time
These carrots are really easy to make. There is not much prep you need to do to get them cooking, but there is one thing you can do to cut down on time. Use a bag of baby carrots instead of washing, peeling and cutting regular carrots.
How to make roasted carrots kid friendly
Some kids have a hard time with roasted carrots because of the texture. Getting the kids involved in creating the recipe will help them to be more willing to try it. You can also adjust the cook time to make them firmer if they don’t like their carrots to be as soft.
Dinner conversations with kids
Talking with your kids about what they are eating helps them think about their food in a more analytical way, instead of snapping to an emotional decision about whether or not they like it. Try these conversation starters:
- Texture - How would you describe the texture of the carrots? What happened to the texture after we cooked them? Which way do you like them better - softer, firmer, crunchier?
- Taste - What tastes do you detect in the carrots (sweet, salty, bitter, etc)?
- Smell -
- What colors do you see in the carrots?
Kids in the kitchen: How your kids can help you cook
Getting your kids involved in the kitchen is a great way to help them be more interested in trying new foods. This recipe is perfect for beginner cooks because it is so easy! And it is a great recipe for kids to experiment and become more comfortable with new flavors – which means they are more likely to eat it!
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you wash the carrots and measure the ingredients.
- Kids aged 4-6 can do everything above, plus help you mix the dressing together and toss everything together.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do everything above, plus help you grate the ginger and chop the green onions.
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make these Ginger Honey Roasted Baby Carrots, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And if you are on Instagram, tag @thegingeredwhisk and use the hashtag #gingeredwhisk on social media when you make my recipes so that I can share them and maybe even feature you. Follow along to get the latest updates:
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 1.5 pounds Baby Carrots
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1" piece ginger, peeled and minced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced, green and white parts separated
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash baby carrots and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Spread the carrots in an even layer and sprinke the white parts of the green onion over top.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the green parts of the green onions and the sesame seeds.
These carrots reheat well in the microwave. Reserve the green onion tops for right before you serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 486mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 5gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g