Sourdough Popovers are easy to make, no special pan needed! These popovers are slightly spiced with black pepper and nutmeg, and are the perfect pairing to soups and stews!
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup starter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat a muffin pan in an oven until both are 450F.
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk until it feels just slightly warm to the touch.
- Combine the warm milk with the eggs, starter, and salt.
- Mix in the flour, parsley, pepper, and nutmeg - don't over mix, a few small lumps are ok.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Quickly pour the batter into the pan. IF you are using an actual popover pan, fill the wells almost to the top. If you are using a muffin pan fill the wells all the way, and space the popovers around so there are empty cups in between the full ones (this lets them expand more).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 F and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 136 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 1511mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g