Ok, this post is going to be a short one because I am scheduling it in advance. By the time you read this, we will have driven approximately 800 miles across the US with a 3 year old, 3 month old, 2 dogs and a sourdough starter (yes, it gets to go on vacation, too!) to visit family for two weeks. That is if we make it. My car broke down an amazing three times this week, so let's all just pray that we made it, ok? We have tons of toys, books, snacks (including a loaf of this banana bread!), and coffee ready to go for our drive, and I hope we don't have to stop to pee every hour. Or cry the whole way.
Last year I found two bags of cinnamon chips (which I had heard of but never actually seen before), so I excitedly bought them and then promptly stuck them in my freezer because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them. Well, inspiration finally struck and I decided exactly how I wanted to use one! This banana bread is super delicious. I loved the cinnamon chips here, and the cinnamon sugar crunch on top of the bread is just divine. Its especially good when you slather real butter on a piece. Yum!
Quick Breads are great breakfasts, snacks, and desserts all in one! Try these other awesome quick bread recipes:
- Almond Poppy Seed Bread - This Almond Poppy Seed Bread has the perfect soft, light and crumby texture and loads of great almond flavor! Its a simple bread the whole family will enjoy.
- Aloha Tropical Quick Bread - This quick bread is a tropical vacation in bread form! Studded with fruit and toasted coconut!
- Banana Brandy Bread - This Banana Brandy Bread is a fun “adult” version of banana bread – spiked with brandy, spiced, and moist with the addition of sour cream. Its a great boozy banana bread recipe to have in your repertoire!
- Best Zucchini Bread - This is the best zucchini bread recipe there is! Moist and flavorful, this zucchini bread with applesauce, cinnamon and walnuts is the only zucchini bread recipe you will ever need. Its grandma approved!
- Earl Grey Banana Bread - This banana bread recipe is moist and flavorful, with subtle floral notes.
- ⅓ cup butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 3 TBSP cinnamon sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a bread pan and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add in the mashed banana.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream and tarter and salt.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle the top with the cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g