Snickerdoodle Banana Bread is classic banana bread studded with cinnamon chips and tapped with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping.
This is one of my favorites because it feels so special and decadent! Its perfect to serve at a spring or summer party, tea time, or any other event (like breakfast!) where you could use something delicious and easy!
How to make recipe
This recipe is really easy and simple to make! For the full set of directions, make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below, but here is a brief overview of how to make this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix some cinnamon and sugar by stirring together 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tablespoons cinnamon. Set aside.
- Prepare a loaf pan by smearing it completely with 1 Tablespoon of butter and then toss in a little flour and tap it around until all the butter is covered with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs 1 at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Add in the mashed banana and mix until just combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until just barely combined.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Gently smooth the top to make sure it’s even.
- Sprinkle the top with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the bread for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan before slicing and serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does banana bread fall in the middle?
There are several reasons why this could happen. Using baking powder that is too old can cause the bread to not rise properly. Bread that is not baked all the way can also cause a bread to fall, as it sinks on itself when it cools.
How do you store banana bread?
Banana bread will keep for 1 to 2 days at room temperature. You can also wrap it and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Banana bread will also freeze well for up to 4 months.
Kids in the kitchen: How your kids can help you cook
Baking with your kids is so great! Not only are you spending fun time bonding together, but you are also helping them with reading, math, and important life skills. It also helps them be more confident in the kitchen and curious about what they eat (which in turn means they are better eaters!)
This snickerdoodle banana bread recipe is great because it helps them practice measuring, pouring and mixing, and is also great for mashing! It is a perfectly easy recipe to invite little helpers into the kitchen with you.
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure all ingredients, help you mash the bananas, and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top.
- Kids aged 4-6 can do everything above plus help you mix together the batter.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do everything above.
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
Other quick bread recipes:
Other banana recipes:
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
Your shares are how this site grows and I so appreciate it! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? I would love if you shared this on social media!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a star rating! Thank you!
Subscribe to my email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO YOUR QUICK BREADS BOARD on Pinterest!
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 3 TBSP cinnamon sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a bread pan and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add in the mashed banana.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream and tarter and salt.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle the top with the cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Make homemade cinnamon sugar:
Stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tablespoons cinnamon. Store in an air tight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g