Ever get tired of the same old thing for dinner? Chicken strips might be super easy and a perfect option for busy weeknights. I mean, 20 minutes and you've got dinner. The kiddos won't even have a chance to ask for a snack more than... say 5 or 6 times...
These coconut infused chicken strips are perfectly dippable - and kids and adults alike will love them! Plus the dipping sauce recipe below is a fun change to normal dipping sauces you usually see. It's kind of a tropicaly-honey mustard type sauce. Your whole family will love these!
Love chicken strips? Try these fun and new chicken strip recipes:
- Baked Panko Chicken Tenders with Creole Dipping Sauce - These Panko Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders are a crispy and a delicious weeknight meal. Served with an addictive Creole Dipping Sauce, these tenders will soon be your family’s new favorite!
- 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 3 chicken breasts
- ½ cup of peach preserves or orange marmalade (or try some of both!)
- 2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- In a large, shallow bowl (or a ziplock bag), combine the coconut, flour, and spices.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and lightly whisk with a fork.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Dip chicken breasts into the egg, shaking off any excess.
- Coat the chicken strips in the breading mixture and place on a cookie sheet.
- When all the chicken strips are on the cookie sheet, spoon a little bit of melted butter over each one.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until done.
- To make the Dipping Sauce - Mix together well and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 685Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 35g
Looking for some other awesome easy dinners your family will love? Try these!