Ever get tired of the same old thing for dinner? Chicken strips might be super easy and a perfect option for busy weeknights. I mean, 20 minutes and you’ve got dinner. The kiddos won’t even have a chance to ask for a snack more than… say 5 or 6 times…
These coconut infused chicken strips are perfectly dippable – and kids and adults alike will love them! Plus the dipping sauce recipe below is a fun change to normal dipping sauces you usually see. It’s kind of a tropicaly-honey mustard type sauce. Your whole family will love these!
Other Chicken tender recipes you need to try:
- Baked Panko Crusted Chicken Tenders with Creole Dipping Sauce
- Rosemary Walnut Crusted Chicken Strips
- Sourdough Discard Fried Chicken
How to make coconut chicken tenders
These chicken tenders are really easy to make! For the full set of directions, please make sure to scroll down to the recipe card below. here is a brief overview:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large, shallow bowl, combine the coconut, flour, and spices.
- Crack an egg into a second shallow bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips as equal sized as you can make them.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg, turning to coat, and allowing any excess to drip off
- Coat the chicken strips in the flour mixture, turning to coat.
- Place the chicken strips on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Spoon a little melted butter over each strip.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
Your shares are how this site grows and I so appreciate it! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? I would love if you shared this on social media!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a star rating! Thank you!
Subscribe to my email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of peach preserves or orange marmalade (or try some of both!)
- 2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- In a large, shallow bowl (or a ziplock bag), combine the coconut, flour, and spices.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and lightly whisk with a fork.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Dip chicken breasts into the egg, shaking off any excess.
- Coat the chicken strips in the breading mixture and place on a cookie sheet.
- When all the chicken strips are on the cookie sheet, spoon a little bit of melted butter over each one.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until done.
- To make the Dipping Sauce - Mix together well and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 685Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 35g