Serve this with some Tres Leches cake for a truly awesome meal!
You might not believe this, but sometimes even food bloggers get super lazy with their food. I mean, I want to eat delicious things, but I just don’t feel like cooking anything. Maybe its because its cold out. Maybe its because my kitchen is a seemingly never ending pile of dirty dishes. Or maybe its because the second I step foot into the kitchen my children instantly start screaming that they are so hungry they will die, they can’t stop fighting with each other and there are like 12 poops that happen in the time it takes me to cut up the raw chicken. Yes, I just talked about poop on my blog.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
The ultimate crock pot recipe - dump the ingredients in and come home to a delicious and healthy meal! This Crock Pot Enchilada Soup is a family favorite.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 30 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- chopped fresh cilantro
- diced avocado
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla strips/chips
- Dump all the ingredients into a crock pot and sir to combine,
- Cook on high 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the soup, stir, and serve!
- Top with garnishes, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 859mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 14gSugar: 12gProtein: 34g
Wednesday 18th of January 2023
I enjoyed this soup so much. It was full of flavor and the perfect way to warm up!
Tuesday 15th of February 2022
This soup is so yummy!! I just had a bowl and knew I had to come let you know how great it is. Thank you for sharing this.
Friday 9th of December 2016
Yum! I love enchilada anything, and this soup would be great for winter.
Monday 5th of December 2016
I've been seeing so many crockpot recipes lately. I have never used one before. It sounds like such an easy way to cook. Hmm... Christmas is coming!
Monday 25th of January 2016
Love the idea of using enchilada sauce for the soup! :D