These Dak Galbi Street Tacos are a spicy and fun twist on a traditional Korean dish Dak Galbi. This recipe has been Americanized in a delicious weeknight recipe kind of way! Spicy chicken and white rice are served with cooling lettuce, shredded mozzarella, and tortilla shells to make a fun and delicious recipe. Warning – its spicy!
Last month my when my sister-in-law visited from South Korea, she brought a whole assortment of baggies and bottles with her. The most flavorful and intense Sesame oil I have ever tasted, hand pressed by neighbors. Kimchee made by her mother. And spices. Intense, flavorful, and amazing spices such as I had never seen or tasted before. But my favorite by far was Gochujang!
- 1.5 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 TBSP Korean Chili Pepper Paste (Gochujang)
- 2 TBSP rice wine
- 1-2 TBSP Korean Chili Pepper Flakes (Gochugaru)
- 1 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- mozzarella cheese
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- green onions
- In cup, mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Cut the chicken up into pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 TBSP of oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the sauce and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, serve in tortillas with sushi rice, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded iceberg lettuce and sliced green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 1589mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 46g