These egg nog cookies are deliciously soft and chewy. They are delicate and will seriously melt in your mouth. But that frosting. OMG that frosting. Slightly spiced, just a hint of rum. You could (and probably will) eat it with a spoon. These are basically the best Christmas cookie ever.
Need some other perfectly seasonal cookies? Try these cookie recipes:
- Orange Cranberry Thyme Shortbread Cookies - Sweet without being overpowering, a perfect sandy texture, and the perfect combination of orange and cranberry harmonically sharing cookie space with thyme and white chocolate.
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp rum extract
- ½ cup egg nog
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp rum extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 TBSP eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream tougher the butter and both sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract, rum extract, and egg nog.
- With the mixer set on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop out the dough by heaping tablespoons and place onto the prepared baking sheets., about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Allow to rest on the set for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cookies are completely cool, mix the frosting.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the rum extract and the egg nog.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Frost each cookie with a generous amount of frosting.
- Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg over the top.
- Store in an airtight container and Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 7gCholesterol: 30.7mgSodium: 41.4mgCarbohydrates: 28.1gSugar: 21.9gProtein: 1.5g
Looking for other amazingly awesome holiday treats? Try these recipes!