These egg nog cookies are deliciously soft and chewy. They are delicate and will seriously melt in your mouth. But that frosting. OMG that frosting. Slightly spiced, just a hint of rum. You could (and probably will) eat it with a spoon. These are basically the best Christmas cookie ever.
Need some other perfectly seasonal cookies? Try these cookie recipes:
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies – Soft and chewy, perfectly spiced, with white chocolate chips. The pumpkin and spices are perfect for fall!
- Orange Cranberry Thyme Shortbread Cookies – Sweet without being overpowering, a perfect sandy texture, and the perfect combination of orange and cranberry harmonically sharing cookie space with thyme and white chocolate.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 cup egg nog
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 TBSP eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream tougher the butter and both sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract, rum extract, and egg nog.
- With the mixer set on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop out the dough by heaping tablespoons and place onto the prepared baking sheets., about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Allow to rest on the set for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cookies are completely cool, mix the frosting.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the rum extract and the egg nog.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Frost each cookie with a generous amount of frosting.
- Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg over the top.
- Store in an airtight container and Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178 Total Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 30.7mg Sodium: 41.4mg Carbohydrates: 28.1g Sugar: 21.9g Protein: 1.5g
Looking for other amazingly awesome holiday treats? Try these recipes!