These egg nog cookies are deliciously soft and chewy. They are delicate and will seriously melt in your mouth. But that frosting. OMG that frosting. Slightly spiced, just a hint of rum. You could (and probably will) eat it with a spoon. These are basically the best Christmas cookie ever.
Need some other perfectly seasonal cookies? Try these cookie recipes:
- Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chips – These soft and chewy cookies are the gingersnap you have been looking for!
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies – Soft and chewy, perfectly spiced, with white chocolate chips. The pumpkin and spices are perfect for fall!
- Orange Cranberry Thyme Shortbread Cookies – Sweet without being overpowering, a perfect sandy texture, and the perfect combination of orange and cranberry harmonically sharing cookie space with thyme and white chocolate.
These egg nog cookies are deliciously soft and chewy. They are delicate and will seriously melt in your mouth. But that frosting! Slightly spiced, just a hint of rum, its delicious combination.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 cup egg nog
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 TBSP eggnog
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream tougher the butter and both sugars until pale and fluffy.
Add in the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until just combined.
Add in the vanilla extract, rum extract, and egg nog.
With the mixer set on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Scoop out the dough by heaping tablespoons and place onto the prepared baking sheets., about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 11-13 minutes.
Allow to rest on the set for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
When the cookies are completely cool, mix the frosting.
In a small bowl, beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
Add in the rum extract and the egg nog.
Add in the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Frost each cookie with a generous amount of frosting.
Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg over the top.
Store in an airtight container and Enjoy!
Looking for other amazingly awesome holiday treats? Try these recipes!