Soft, tender and buttery chocolate chip cookies studded with the subtly floral notes of earl grey tea . These earl grey cookies are a fabulous treat you must try!
Love Earl Grey? Try these other Earl Grey flavored Recipes:
- Homemade Granola with Earl Grey and Strawberries - homemade granola recipe flavored with earl grey tea , orange zest and dried strawberries. An easy and flavorful breakfast!
- Earl Grey Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting - Lovely cupcakes studded with earl grey tea and slathered in thick, creamy lemon buttercream frosting!
- Banana Bread with Earl Grey Tea - A super moist banana bread recipe with floral notes!
- Pumpkin Maple Gingerbread Cake with Earl Grey Whipped Frosting - This cake is literally the bomb. Moist and tender gingerbread cake sweetened with maple syrup and topped with an earl grey flavored whipped cream frosting. Its fall heaven.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon good quality loose leaf earl grey tea
- 2 tablespoons milk, hot
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cardamom
- pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Using a tea strainer, steep 1 teaspoon of the earl grey in a small mug of the hot milk for 15 minutes.
- While the milk is steeping, grind the remaining tablespoon of tea in a clean spice grinder or blender until powdered.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground tea, salt, cardamom, and nutmeg until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and the milk and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Gradually add in the flour and mix just barely incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoons of the dough and place it on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the pan before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 6.9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 79.9mgCarbohydrates: 24.3gSugar: 14.6gProtein: 2.2g