This decadent yet easy cinnamon roll breakfast casserole is a lovely way to breakfast on a special holiday. It’s custardy, filled with cinnamon and toasted pecans, and a gorgeously easy recipe.
Without a doubt, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. And I love it when its really special and decadent and we can take the time to savor it.
Most of the time, breakfast is a rushed get-out-the-door-as-quickly-as-possible experience (especially with two young girls in school now), and more often than not I am grabbing a protein shake on my way out the door.
For a breakfast lover, its totally the worst, but its better than nothing, right? But on those special days when we can stay home as a family and enjoy the experience of breakfast, I want those meals to be memorable and delicious.
Giving gifts is my love language, and to me, there is no better gift than that of food that has been prepared with love and joy. It’s no secret that I prefer baking and cooking from scratch.
I just imagine pouring all that care and passion into my food as I create something amazing for my friends and family to enjoy – something that will nourish them both body and soul.
But its also no secret that as a busy mom, sometimes I just don’t have the time or energy to make every single thing from scratch.
Especially during the holiday season – when I want to be everything, do everything, and make it the most special time of all for my family. I think any mom can agree here – you just can’t do everything and stay sane.
So when I find ways to make a few shortcuts on time without sacrificing the quality of the food I serve, I totally take it!
The Immaculate Baking Company is a great way to take some baking shortcuts – whether or not it is the holiday season. The founder, Scott Blackwell, has had a sweet tooth since the moment his grandmother taught him the ways of home baking – and from there his love of baked goods grew from baking pie to pay his way through college, to winning the Most Outstanding Cookie in America Award, to owning a company that has serious passion in baked goods.
They have an great line of organic and gluten free baking mixes, refrigerated cookie doughs and pie crusts. And when I need to take shortcuts, I want to know that the companies I use have a serious integrity for the quality of ingredients and taste of their product.
I love when a grass roots company can maintain its heart and soul, don’t you?
This baked cinnamon roll breakfast casserole is the perfect treat for a busy holiday morning. By using Immaculate Baking Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls, you can quickly and easily create a decadent way to enjoy a special breakfast as a family. It’s easy enough that your children can help you prepare it, and quick enough that you can sleep in and still enjoy a decadent breakfast!
How to make this breakfast casserole:
For the full set of directions, please scroll down to the recipe card below, but here is a brief overview:
- Preheat oven to 375F and Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 6-8 pieces and place evenly in the bottom of the greased pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Pour evenly over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Using your fingers or two forks, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until you get pea sized pieces of butter. Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the casserole is golden brown and the mixture doesn’t giggle too much when you shake it.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the icing packets that came with the cinnamon rolls just before serving.
The cool thing about this recipe is you can change it up so easily! Try adding a few of these mix ins and toppings to switch things up:
- Bacon. Sprinkle in about a 1/2 cup of chopped cooked bacon with the dough pieces. This adds a hint of savory-smoky flavor that combines beautifully with the cinnamon! Definitely drizzle on maple syrup, too!
- Nuts. Sprinkle chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds on top of the casserole before baking.
- Sprinkles. I mean, more sprinkles are always fun, right? Sprinkle some in with the dough pieces and some on top.
- Berries. Toss in diced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or cranberries to make this fruit and fun!
I was able to find these products at my local Whole Foods, Hy-Vee and Target, but you can find out where to find products locally using their product locator.
How to serve cinnamon roll casserole bake:
Serve this warm! You can serve it with some maple syrup or fresh berry sauce if you want, but it is rich enough to stand on its own without extra sauce.
Make a whole meal out of this and serve it with a Ham and Cheese Frittata, and some fresh fruit.
How to prep this ahead:
You can totally prep this recipe ahead of time and bake it fresh in the morning without a lot of work.
- Make the recipe according to recipe directions, but do not bake.
- Cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, allow the dish to sit on the counter and warm up while you preheat the oven.
- Bake according to directions. Since the casserole started out cold from the fridge, you might need to add an additional 5 minutes of baking.
How to store leftovers:
This casserole will store well in the fridge for up to 3 days. Cover tightly with foil, or in an air tight container.
This casserole is best freshly baked, but you can reheat leftovers well, too! Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it is warmed through and the top is crispy again. Alternatively, you can also microwave it for about 30-60 seconds.
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
Your shares are how this site grows and I so appreciate it! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? I would love if you shared this on social media!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a star rating! Thank you!
Subscribe to my email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 2 cans of Immaculate Baking Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
- 6 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole is best, but any kind will do fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
**Note: You can drizzle the frosting pouches from the cinnamon rolls over the casserole or serve it with warmed maple syrup. I found one pouch to be plenty, but if you want it super sweet you can add both. The choice is yours!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 9g