This white chicken chili is a great meal to make when you need an easy meal, or when you are looking for a little comfort, or when you need to share a meal with someone you know.
Other simple slow cooker meals:
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Mole Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
How to make this chicken chili in the slow cooker
This is a super simple meal to make! Like all great slow cooker recipes, its mainly just tossing stuff in the slow cooker and letting it do the work for you! For the full set of directions, please make sure to scroll down to the recipe card below, but here is a brief overview of how to make it:
- Into the liner of the slow cooker, add the chicken, green chilies, rinsed beans, minced shallots, spices, garlic, lime juice and broth.
- Secure the lid and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a platter.
- Mix the flour and milk into a paste and add it, along with the corn, into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and return to the slow cooker for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with toppings.
Tips for a great chili:
Using chicken thighs is best, as chicken breasts don’t have enough fat on them and can become overdone and dry when cooked in the slow cooker.
How to serve this:
This chili is so great on a crisp and cool fall night, but it really tastes great all year round, too! I like placing all the toppings on the table family style and allowing everyone to top their own bowl, that way they get exactly what they want.
Try serving it with a variety of toppings, like:
- tortilla chips
- sliced jalapenos
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- green onions
- anything else you want!
Serve it beside a nice slice of sourdough cornbread, too!
This recipe is easy to swap out and change up!
- Use leftover turkey from thanksgiving or smoked pulled pork (with a dry rub and no sauce) instead of chicken.
- For a spicier chili, you can add jalapeños, hatch chili peppers, or other peppers you enjoy.
- Add some corn for a fun twist with a subtle sweetness!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this chili reheat well? It sure does! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How do you reheat leftovers? You can reheat any leftovers
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
Your shares are how this site grows and I so appreciate it! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? I would love if you shared this on social media!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a star rating! Thank you!
Subscribe to my email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 30 oz great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup frozen white and yellow sweet corn
- sliced green onions
- shredded monterrey jack cheese
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- In a crock pot, add the chicken, green chilis, rinsed beans, shallot, spices, garlic, lime juice and broth into the crock pot.
- Secure the lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, mix the flour and milk into a paste, and add it with the corn into the crock pot.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and allow to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with toppings!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 799mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 14gSugar: 3gProtein: 43g
Love Crock Pot Recipes? Check out my other favorite recipes: