German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup veggie oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 9x13 cake pan, and line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper that perfectly fits the bottom.
- Pour the melted butter into the pan and spread over the bottom.
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar, pecans and coconut.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the boiling water.
- Pour the cake batter over the brown sugar/pecan mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and cream.y
- Slowly add the powdered sugar in and continue mixing until smooth.
- Dollop the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate batter.
- Place the 9x13 cake pan on top of a rimmed baking sheet (sometimes the cream cheese mixture boils out!) and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then invert onto a serving tray or baking sheet
- Allow to cool completely and then slice into pieces.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 598 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 445mg Carbohydrates: 76g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 60g Protein: 6g
Looking for other easy yet epic desserts? Try these!