German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup veggie oil
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 9x13 cake pan, and line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper that perfectly fits the bottom.
- Pour the melted butter into the pan and spread over the bottom.
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar, pecans and coconut.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the boiling water.
- Pour the cake batter over the brown sugar/pecan mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and cream.y
- Slowly add the powdered sugar in and continue mixing until smooth.
- Dollop the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate batter.
- Place the 9x13 cake pan on top of a rimmed baking sheet (sometimes the cream cheese mixture boils out!) and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then invert onto a serving tray or baking sheet
- Allow to cool completely and then slice into pieces.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 584Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 2gSugar: 60gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is an estimate and is provided for informational purposes only. For the most accurate information, please calculate using your specific brands and exact measurements.
Looking for other easy yet epic desserts? Try these!