This is by far my absolute favorite way to eat chicken. This baked chicken recipe is super moist, and super tasty, the skin is gorgeously browned, and the sauce is amazing. It’s easy to prepare, too, and it looks as fantastic as it tastes.
You only need 5 ingredients for the sauce and no marinating, either!
This baked chicken dish is great whether you have company coming over for a dinner party or you are just cooking for your family.
How to make honey baked chicken
This baked chicken recipe is easy to make! For the full directions, please scroll down to the recipe page, but here is how you generally make it:
- Whisk together only 5 ingredients for the sauce.
- Arrange the chicken pieces into a large baking dish.
- pour the sauce over the chicken and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Every 15 minutes, baste the chicken with the sauce.
Don’t be scared of the mustard and curry powder combination in the sauce. You don’t really taste either addition by themselves, but they combine with the honey and melted butter beautifully to create a luxurious sauce for the chicken.
Can a baked chicken recipe be luxurious? I’m going with it. Be brave enough to try this chicken and you will become fast friends forever!
Tips for making the Best Baked Chicken
- Make sure you use a pan big enough to have some space between each thigh. You want there to be enough room for the hot air from the oven to circulate and cook the chicken.
- Make sure your baking dish has sides to keep all the juices and marinade in.
How do you bake juicy chicken?
If you need a great veggie side dish that you can cook in the oven along with this chicken, I highly recommend my Garlic Roasted Zucchini! Its as simple as dumping stuff in a pan and letting it cook! You will need to let it cook a few minutes extra if you have both the chicken and the zucchini in the oven together, but it will still turn out to be one fabulous meal!
Honey Baked Chicken
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3 lb chicken legs, thighs, or any combo of chicken with skin and bone still attached
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, honey, mustard, salt and curry.
- Arrange chicken pieces into a baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes, basting the chicken with the sauce every 15 minutes.