This Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe with Orange and Pecan is perfect for fall. A little bit sweet, a bit savory, a bit zesty. The orange, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans paired perfectly with the squash.
How to Cut Acorn Squash
Do You Peel Acorn Squash Before Roasting?
Can You Eat Acorn Squash Skin?
Looking for more perfect holiday side dishes? Try these great recipes:
- Italian Herb Roasted Carrots – These easy Italian Herb Roasted Whole Carrots are the perfect vegetable side dish for when you need a quick recipe you don’t have to think about! These tender roasted carrots are packed with flavor and are great with everything!
- Greek Yogurt Green Bean Casserole – This easy Greek Yogurt Green Bean Casserole is simple to make and delivers on flavor while keeping the ingredients soup-free!
- The Best Creamed Corn Recipe – This creamed corn is the absolute best. Easy to make, with real ingredients, your holiday table deserves this.
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Barley – Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Barley is a flavorful and healthy vegetable side dish recipe to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s easy to make and everyone loves the sweet, crispy Brussel sprouts, tart cranberries, and chewy barley!
- Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter – This easy recipe is simple but it has amazing flavor and is perfect for special meals.
- Apple Cranberry Stuffing – This best homemade stuffing recipe is studded with fresh apples, dried cranberries and thyme. Easy to make, this Apple Cranberry Stuffing is perfect to make for any meal, whether its a holiday or not!
- Cheesy Potato Casserole – Cheesy Potato Casserole is a staple at holiday meals. It is creamy, cheesy, and so delicious! You won’t be disappointed in your decision to enjoy it!
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 3 TBSP melted butter
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Then cut the acorn squash into half again (so 1/4's, really) and then slice into strips - it will from half circles.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, orange zest, orange juice and pecans.
- Drizzle over the acorn squash slices and toss to coat.
- Arrange the slices so that they are in an even single layer on the sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until fork-tender and starting to turn golden brown, turning halfway through baking time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 184 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 50mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Looking for other great easy side dishes? Try these!
Recipe slightly adapted from: (Recipe Girl)