This Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe with Orange and Pecan is perfect for fall. A little bit sweet, a bit savory, a bit zesty. The orange, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans paired perfectly with the squash.
This roasted acorn squash recipe is a perfect easy fall side dish.
The squash roasts for about 15 minutes, and you just need a few minutes and ingredients to prepare it.
The combination of orange, cinnamon and pecans are a perfect sweet/spicy/zesty combination that you will be craving all year long!
This recipe is amazing because its so easy, and its great whether you use it during a busy weeknight or serve it for a holiday meal.
How to Cut Acorn Squash
Do You Peel Acorn Squash Before Roasting?
Can You Eat Acorn Squash Skin?
Orange Pecan Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 3 TBSP melted butter
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Then cut the acorn squash into half again (so 1/4's, really) and then slice into strips - it will from half circles.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, orange zest, orange juice and pecans.
- Drizzle over the acorn squash slices and toss to coat.
- Arrange the slices so that they are in an even single layer on the sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until fork-tender and starting to turn golden brown, turning halfway through baking time.
Recipe slightly adapted from: (Recipe Girl)