This Rosemary Chicken recipe features lemon, garlic, and tender carrots and potatoes. This easy, flavorful oven baked chicken thighs dinner is ready to eat in forty minutes, start to finish! The perfect weeknight meal!
What can I serve with rosemary chicken?
More delicious one-pan chicken dinner recipes:
- 3/4 pound small red skinned potatoes, halved
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon dried rosemary, divided
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 3 carrots, chopped into 2" pieces
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and a sprinkle of salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, and cook about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dried rosemary, garlic, 2 tsp salt and red pepper flakes, the juice of 1 lemon (Keep the lemon!!!!) and the olive oil.
- Coat the chicken in this mixture.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken, skin side down, about 5 minutes (or until the skin browns).
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add the mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes to the skillet.
- Place the chicken over the veggies and drizzle with remaining marinade.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon on top, and add the squeezed out lemon halves to the pan, along with a bit more rosemary.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes, or until done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 284 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 242mg Carbohydrates: 36g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g