These Cranberry Orange Muffins are the perfect fall recipe. They are dense yet moist at the same time. The tartness from the cranberries and the oranges is such an awesome combination, and is offset perfectly by the sweetness of the cinnamon crumb topping.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Tips to Make The Best Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Use fresh cranberries and slice them in half, then roll them in 2 TBSP of the flour mixture – this will help them to not all sink to the bottom.
- Stir the ingredients only until just combined – do not over stir or the muffins will become tough.
- Try to work quickly when making the crumb topping – and if you have time place it back in the fridge before using it. This will help the crumb topping to form a nice crust instead of melting into the muffin.
Can you use frozen cranberries in muffins?
Yes! You can use them frozen, just roll them in flour before adding them to the muffin batter.
Can you replace the fresh cranberries with dried cranberries?
Yes, although the result won’t be quite the same. Use 3/4 cup of dried cranberries.
Love a good Muffin recipe? (me, too!) Try these flavorful muffins:
- Cinnamon, Date, and Walnut Muffins – Hearty and delicious, these muffins are a real treat to eat, especially warmed with a slight smear of butter!
- Banana, Honey and Date Muffins – Moist and flavorful, with just a bit of natural sweetness from the honey and dates.
- Double Chocolate and Zucchini Muffins – These ultra moist and decadent double chocolate zucchini muffins scream dessert, but they are secretly healthy! No one will ever guess!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- zest of 1 large orange
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, dusted with flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/6 cup flour
- 1/8 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and orange zest.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugars.
- Mix in the oil, vanilla and sour cream.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, being careful not to over-mix.
- Gently fold the cranberries in.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin cups so they are 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients - the sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon (use a fork, and mix until you get a crumbly texture).
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g