This sweet potato pancakes recipe starts with a buckwheat pancake mix, to which sweet potato and spices are added. They're low-fat, low-calorie, Weight Watchers compliant, and delicious!
Sweet potato pancakes recipe notes
This Sweet Potato Pancakes recipe is slightly adapted from Weight Watchers
- ¾ cup dry buckwheat pancake mix
- ½ cup cooked and pureed sweet potato
- ¾ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 TBSP maple syrup (the real stuff)
- ⅓ cup apple (or pumpkin) butter
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, sweet potato, juice, egg, and the spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the apple butter, yogurt, and syrup; set aside.
- Warm a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray and ladle about 2 TBSP of batter onto the grill.
- Cook until bubbles form in the batter and the underside is golden, and then flip.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with the topping and blueberries. Enjoy!
- serving size: 3 pancakes and 3 ½ TBSP topping per serving = 6 Points+
- Sweet Potato Pancakes recipe slightly adapted from Weight Watchers
Serving Size:3 pancakes + 3 Tbsp topping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 30gProtein: 7g