Love pancakes? Try these other fun pancake recipes:
- Coconut Quinoa Pancakes – These tropical flavored pancakes are a perfect way to add protein to your breakfast and a great way to use leftover quinoa.
- Cranberry Pancakes – These tart and sweet pancakes are a perfect way to welcome fall and the return of fresh cranberries!
- Sweet Potato Pancakes – This sweet potato pancakes recipe starts with a buckwheat pancake mix, to which sweet potato and spices are added. They’re low-fat, low-calorie, Weight Watchers compliant, and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk (I actually used almost 2 cups, but I like my pancakes thin)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss the sliced strawberries in the olive oil and a tiny pinch of salt, then lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until juicy and caramely.
- When done, remove them from the oven, let them cool for a few minutes and then chop them up.
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, slowly melt the butter, whisking constantly, until little brown bits start to form on the bottom, about 5-6 minutes. Watch it closely, it goes from nothing to burnt in 3 seconds flat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of the milk, the egg, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the brown butter and the roasted strawberries.
- If you want your batter thinner, this is when you can add more milk until you get the consistency you want.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Add a bit of butter or cooking spray to the pan, and scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan.
- Cook until bubbles form on top, then flip, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with syrup and Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 420 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 450mg Carbohydrates: 59g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g