This easy and delicious slow cooker chicken curry is perfect for busy weeknights! Great flavor, tender chicken, and almost no work!
Hello. My name is Jenni and I am madly in love with anything curry. And anything completely covered in a sauce that I can also eat copious amounts of naan with. The trouble with most curry dishes, though, is that they take what seems like forever to prepare, so they aren't very great for weeknights.
That's where the magical crock pot comes in! Using the combination of the slow cooker and chicken thighs ensures that you end up with amazingly tender and flavorful shredded chicken that literally swims in a decadent sauce. Feel free to serve this with as much rice and/or naan as you see fit. You won't get any judgement here.
This weeknight meal is flavorful but not at all spicy, so its perfect for all members of the family to enjoy! You can always amp up the head if you need to by adding in some jalapeños, or by serving some hot sauce on the side.
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 30 oz coconut milk
- 2 TBSP dried basil leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1.5 TBSP yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp mild chili powder
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 TBSP COLD water
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, basil, salt, curry powder, onion, garlic, ginger and green chiles.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to shred the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the COLD water and cornstarch.
- Add this to the slow cooker and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Place the lid back on and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cilantro on top.
- Serve with rice and/or naan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for other tasty and super easy slow cooker meals?