This easy Greek Yogurt Green Bean Casserole is simple to make and delivers on flavor while keeping the ingredients soup-free!
This post was sponsored by Whole Foods. All opinions, recipe, and photographs are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me and allow me to continue to grow my blog. #MyHolidayTradish
When it comes to holiday food, there are two camps of thought – either you try brand new recipes all the time, or you stick to the exact same menu and recipes that have been handed down through generations.
As for my family, we tend to play both sides – there are certain holidays where we stick to the same menu and even recipes that we have used for years, and then there are times that we branch out and try new things.
Take this past Thanksgiving, for example – we used pretty much the same menu that we always do, but I convinced my family to do the majority of the food in crock pots (best decision EVER, seriously!).
I have also been slowing reinventing all of our old family-approved recipes to remove all the “junk” ingredients.
We seriously over indulge in all things cheese, butter, sugar, and wine on holidays – but there is no need to add processed cream-of-crap soup to that as well.
Green Bean Casserole is one of my favorite holiday side dishes, but its also one that I don’t like making. Cream of Mushroom soup totally grosses me out, but I also don’t like taking the time to make a homemade béchamel sauce during the hustle and bustle of pulling a giant foodie-feast together.
This Green Bean Casserole, though is super easy to throw together, but it still retains all the awesome flavor of the original recipe – actually better, I think, because it uses fresh ingredients!
The green beans are smothered in a creamy greek yogurt sauce laced with sautéed shallots, garlic and mushrooms, layered with a light smattering of sharp and nutty parmesan cheese and then topped with a super crunchy combination of sliced almonds and panko breadcrumbs.
Its amazing, its easy, its healthier, and its perfect for your next holiday gathering!
Definitely check out Whole Food’s new site dedicated to all things Holiday!! And make sure you have plenty of hot cocoa for all your holiday guests! Use this coupon from Whole Foods for a FREE 365 Hot Cocoa when you spend $20!
Looking for more perfect holiday side dishes? Try these great recipes:
- Italian Herb Roasted Carrots – These easy Italian Herb Roasted Whole Carrots are the perfect vegetable side dish for when you need a quick recipe you don’t have to think about! These tender roasted carrots are packed with flavor and are great with everything!
- The Best Creamed Corn Recipe – This creamed corn is the absolute best. Easy to make, with real ingredients, your holiday table deserves this.
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Barley – Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Barley is a flavorful and healthy vegetable side dish recipe to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s easy to make and everyone loves the sweet, crispy Brussel sprouts, tart cranberries, and chewy barley!
- Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter – This easy recipe is simple but it has amazing flavor and is perfect for special meals.
- Cheesy Potato Casserole – Cheesy Potato Casserole is a staple at holiday meals. It is creamy, cheesy, and so delicious! You won’t be disappointed in your decision to enjoy it!
- Orange Pecan Acorn Squash – This Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe with Orange and Pecan is perfect for fall. A little bit sweet, a bit savory, a bit zesty. The orange, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans paired perfectly with the squash.
- 1 TBSP butter
- 14 oz frozen whole green beans
- 8 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP minced dried onion
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
You can assemble this ahead of time and store, covered, in the fridge, until ready to bake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 664mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
Your shares are how this site grows and I so appreciate it! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? I would love if you shared this on social media!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a star rating! Thank you!
Subscribe to my email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!