Why is it that side dishes tend to get forgotten about? Main dishes always totally take center stage (as well they should), but when it comes.
I try to think of a side dish as the wingman of the entree. No, they aren’t the main focus, but they are totally there to help support and elevate the main man, am I right?
But these roasted potatoes steal the spotlight. I actually don’t even remember what we ate with these, I can only think of these. It doesn’t even really matter, because – these potatoes! Without a doubt, they will seriously make an impression at your dinner table! And if its nice outside, you can even make grilled potato wedges instead of turning the oven on./
How do you get crispy roasted potatoes?
To make the perfect crispy potato wedges, you only need a few simple tricks.
- Preheat the oven with the pan in the oven. That way everything is super hot and starts getting crispy right away!
- Do not overcrowd your pan. You need to make sure that your potato wedges have enough room around each piece for the hot oven air to surround them and make them crispy. If the potatoes are too close together they will steam and get soggy instead of roast and get crispy. If you need to use two pans, that’s ok!
- 1.5 pounds new potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with a rimmed baking sheet in the oven (so it heats up, too).
- Make sure all the potatoes are nice and dry.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Transfer potatoes to the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and roast an additional 15-20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g