How to Make Spiced Pork with Pineapple Salsa
- Make the salsa by mixing together the pineapple, dried apricots, red onion, jalapeño, lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Cover and chill in the fridge while you prepare the pork chops.
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, allspice and ground red pepper.
- Prepare the grill pan, and then grill the pork chops 6-7 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy!
How can I prepare Spiced Pork with Pineapple Ahead of time?
This recipe is really quick to make, but if you are really short on time there are a few things you can do to prep ahead:
- You can cut/chop the produce for the salsa. I would rather mix the salsa about 30 minutes ahead of dinner and enjoy it fresh, but you can also store it in the fridge for up to 3 days - it just might not look as pretty.
Other Family Friendly Weeknight Meals with Pork:
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make this Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa recipe for dinner, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO DINNER BOARD on Pinterest!
- 1 c Pineappple, chopped
- 8 halves dried apricot halves, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ tsp lime zest
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 16 ounces lean boneless pork chop, trimmed (4 pieces)
- cooking spray
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine salt and next three ingredients.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops, let stand 10 minutes.
- Prepare grill (or grill pan).
- Grill pork 6-7 minutes per side, or until pork is no longer pink.
- Serve with ⅓ cup salsa for each chop.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 31g