This post first appeared on Savory Experiments, where I am a contributor.
Dill pickle dip is a quick and easy appetizer that comes together in 5 minutes! Cream cheese and sour cream combine together with plenty of chopped pickles, fresh dill, and spices to create a great flavored creamy dip that everyone will rave about!
This dip is for all the pickle lovers out there! Rich and creamy, loaded with herbs and spices, this is such a fun dip to bring to share.
This is a perfect appetizer to make for potlucks, barbeques and picnics! Serve with potato chips, crackers, and all the veggie dippers!
Where are my pickle lovers at? Also check out my favorite salad ever – Cheeseburger salad, which is packed with awesome pickle chips!
You don’t need many ingredients for this dip recipe!
- Cream cheese – You want the full fat kind, at room temperature so its soft and easy to mix.
- Sour Cream – this helps to make the dip creamy and scoopable with all your favorite dippers and gives it a nice tangy kick. You could use plain greek yogurt here, as well.
- Dill Pickles – obvious, right? Get whole pickles and chop them fine. Pickle slices are too thin and tend to not hold up well in the dip. So start with a whole pickle and then dice as finely as you want.
- Fresh Dill – This helps give it an extra boost of that awesome dill flavor.
- Green Onions – help give it great flavor and color
- Spices – we are using dried garlic powder, salt, and pepper, here to help boost the flavor. You can also sub these out for 2 Tablespoons of ranch seasoning mix.
How to make pickle dip:
This dip is so simple to make! It will only take about 10 minutes to mix up, and then needs a little rest in the fridge to help the flavors blend together well.
- Chop the pickles finely.
- Mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until you get a smooth and creamy base.
- Stir in the chopped dill, green onions, pickle juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pop in the fridge to allow the dip to chill and the flavors blend together.
- Serve! I also like to serve it with a little more chopped pickle and dill on top so it really stands out.
Questions you might have about how to make pickle dip:
What kind of pickles should I use? This recipe works best with whole dill pickles. You could also switch it up by using spicy pickles, too.
How do I store leftovers? Leftovers can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. This dip also makes a great sandwich spread or on burgers!
Can I make this ahead of time? You bet! This dip can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Garnish it with extra chopped pickles and dill right before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
What should I serve this with?
Anything you want! Serve this easy dip with your favorite dippers, like:
- Veggie dippers like carrots, celery, snap peas and bell peppers
- Potato chips
- Pita chips
- Baguette slices
- Round butter crackers
Try these other great dip recipes:
Food tastes better when its shared! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate below! Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the recipe, please do not copy and paste or screenshot. Thanks so much for supporting me! xoxo
Pickle Dip Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 2 Tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 Tablespoons diced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Cream together the softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- Finely chop the pickles.
- Add the pickles, pickle juice, green onions, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the cream cheese mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to chill
- Top with additional diced pickles and dill before serving.
Looking for a more visual approach? Check out the How to make pickle dip story.