This easy cheese dip is perfect for quick and stress-free entertaining. Its a creamy and dreamy dip also known as "fromage fort" which sounds like French for "fancy and impressive" but it actually takes about 2 whole minutes and only 4 ingredients you likely have on hand anyway. Seriously, this is utterly perfect for easy holiday entertaining. Simply raid your refrigerator for all the cheese you have leftover from other parties and recipes and combine them with just a few other ingredients in a food processor to make an utterly fantastic appetizer that everyone will rave about.
If you don't have any leftover cheese in your house (does that even happen?), I recommend checking out this awesome 3 Cheese Blend from Stella Cheese. It comes pre-shredded with a blend of Parmesan, Asiago and Romano cheese and its a perfect combination of buttery, nutty and sharp. Pair this with the Fontinella Cheese which adds a creamy and delicately sweet flavor profile and you have yourself one heck of an awesome appetizer!
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 16 oz cheese - whatever combination of hard and soft cheese that you like (but I would stay away from "herbed" or "fruited" cheeses)
- ½ cup chicken broth, vegetable broth or dry white wine
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Chop cheeses into smallish pieces, removing any rind or bits of mold.
- Place the cheese, peeled garlic, pepper, and wine/broth into the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture is soft and creamy, but not totally smooth.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Either serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with sliced baguette, crackers, or vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 714mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
This recipe is slightly adapted from Jacques Pepin.
Looking for more easy appetizers? Check out these easy recipes!